[Openstack-devel] OVS 2.0.1 packages in Debian

Thomas Goirand zigo at debian.org
Fri Jan 10 07:03:05 UTC 2014

On 01/10/2014 01:47 AM, Ben Pfaff wrote:
> Oh, I guess I need the file from this include in debian/rules?  (But
> then why does the line start with -?)
>         -include /usr/share/openstack-pkg-tools/pkgos.make

Forgot to explain that...

If you do:
-include <bla>

then if <bla> can't be found, then make simply ignore it. So we get
pkgos.make with the gen-orig-xz target *only* if we have the
openstack-pkg-tools installed, which is nice in our case (because
strictly speaking, we don't need it to build, but it is convenient in
order to generate the orig.tar.xz file).