[Openstack-devel] Does nova-api-metadata require EXACTLY v. 2012.1.1-18 of nova-common?

gustavo panizzo <gfa> gfa at zumbi.com.ar
Sun Jan 26 21:19:09 UTC 2014

On 01/26/2014 05:41 PM, Hugh Esco wrote:
> I have moved to a 64bit machine.
> Fewer red messages than before.
>
> I wonder how I work around this one?
>
> nova-api-metadata : Depends: nova-common (= 2012.1.1-18)
>     but 2013.2.1-2~bpo70+1 is to be installed.
you are mixing sid and gplhost repos, right?

gplhost repos are to run on top of wheezy, sid is whell, is sid

> In fact that later version is installed,
> but for some reason the dependency is not satisfied.
> Guess because its looking for exactly (=) a version
> rather than at least (>=) a version.

you are mixing repositories, each upload of nova has nova-api and
nova-api-metadata

remove one of the repos and try again or run apt-get install nova-api -t
sid

> Is there a work around I might use locally?
> apt-get -f install did not help, just failed faster.
>
> Should I document this as a potential
> dependency bug on nova-api-metadata?
no, it's expected

--
1AE0 322E B8F7 4717 BDEA BF1D 44BB 1BA7 9F6C 6333