[PKG-Openstack-devel] systemd support for OpenStack

gustavo panizzo <gfa> gfa at zumbi.com.ar
Sat Jul 12 23:24:26 UTC 2014

On 07/11/2014 04:01 AM, Thomas Goirand wrote:
> On 07/11/2014 11:45 AM, gustavo panizzo <gfa> wrote:
>> have you started yet? i will have time next week. i need it because salt stack does not work with lsb init scripts on systemd
>>
>> whoa, this is certainly unexpected  :O
>
> Hi Gustavo!
>
> Thanks for volunteering yourself.
>
> I started with keystone, indeed. I've just pushed the commit I did for
> it. Maybe you can have a look into it. It's in the debian/juno branch
> only, of course.
>
> The only thing which I have a concern with is the handling of
> /etc/default/<daemon-name> or /etc/default/openstack, where we have the
> logging facility defined. Please have a look into nova-compute.init to
> see what I mean. I would like that we keep this functionality and
> behavior, and I have no idea how to implement it correctly.

i think the chose of syslog or log-file should be part of config file
(nova.conf)

[ "x$USE_SYSLOG" = "xyes" ] && DAEMON_ARGS="$DAEMON_ARGS --use-syslog"
[ "x$USE_LOGFILE" != "xno" ] && DAEMON_ARGS="$DAEMON_ARGS --log-file
/var/log/nova/$NAME.log"

> The replies to my mail to the systemd guys on their list were not
> helpful at all, they keep saying that I should just edit the .service
> file to select the type of logging, but that's not at all what I want. I
> would like to use /etc/default, just as before. Do you have any idea how
> we can script this?
i think we could use  ExecStartPre, i will check further on Monday

>Maybe we'd have to write a wrapper and start that
> instead of the daemon?
ugly...

other vars can be parsed from /etc/default/$NAME

EnvironmentFile=-/etc/default/$NAME
ExecStart=/usr/bin/keystone-all $OPTS

i will check ExecStartPre and get back to the list

--
1AE0 322E B8F7 4717 BDEA BF1D 44BB 1BA7 9F6C 6333