[PKG-Openstack-devel] systemd support for OpenStack

Thomas Goirand zigo at debian.org
Mon Jul 14 09:18:43 UTC 2014

On 07/14/2014 12:23 PM, stanzgy wrote:
> Hi zigo and gustavo! I have also tried add dh-systemd support for glance
> Juno packaging.
> I succeeded building new packages with systemd support in my own sid
> packaging environment but failed the zigo's jenkins job.
> Here is the faillog:
> https://juno.dev-debian.pkgs.enovance.com/job/glance/5/console
> It seems the jenkins packaging environment is running on wheezy dist.
> But the necessary package dh-systemd is only accessible under
> sid/jessie/wheezy-backports sources:
> https://packages.debian.org/search?keywords=dh-systemd&searchon=names&suite=all&section=all

That's not the reason it failed. The reason was that, to start a build,
all of the build-dependencies necessary for the clean process, have to
be installed within the jenkins system (eg: not the cowbuilder chroot).
I already have dh-systemd packaged, so I simply apt-get install
dh-systemd in the jenkins system, and now it could build correctly.

> The reason that fails both zigo's and my commits which adding dh-systemd
> may be that the jenkins building environment lacks the dh-systemd package.

Yes.

> I have noticed that dh-systemd 1.18~bpo70+1 is already in
> wheezy-backports source. Adding wheezy-backports to the jenkins apt
> sourcelist should fix this problem.

Nop, just installing it in the jenkins system.

> BTW, I'm not very experienced at debian packaging. Could you waste a few
> minutes reviewing my commit that adding dh-systemd support for glance
> debian/juno branch to check if I has done it correctly?
> Thanks very much.

Well, I don't have much experience with systemd myself, so checking that
it builds isn't enough: we shall also check that it does what is needed,
and that it boots the expected way.

But anyway, your commit is wrong, because it breaks the syslog thing
which we were discussing. We got to find a way to fix that before moving
ahead (this is used by at least cloudwatt).