[PKG-Openstack-devel] Your request to join the OpenStack alioth group

Thomas Goirand zigo at debian.org
Sat Mar 15 13:56:23 UTC 2014

Hi Saju,

Thanks for your intention to join the OpenStack packaging group, and
your will to contribute to the packaging effort. Help is much needed and
appreciated.

However, before accepting anyone, I need to anyone to first introduce
himself in the list, and tell what's the intention behind joining. If
you do not intend to package new things, then at least you should either
send a patch, or give the URL of a git repository to pull from.

The intend isn't to put a barrier on joining the project, but just a
safety net, because giving you write access is a security risk (you
could just delete everything). I hope you will understand that just
granting write access to anyone without knowing anything about you is a
security risk.

By the way, the following persons are in the packaging group but haven't
produced any commits. If this is wrong, please let me know:
- Kouhei Maeda
- Victor Howard
- Zsolt Molnar
- Dennis Dryden
- Ardo van Rangelrooij

Please voice your concern if you still need write access to the Git,
otherwise I will remove you (on security ground).

Also, who is the person who has granted access to Romain? He shouldn't
have been accepted, he doesn't know anything about packaging (he is not
a technical person that would do git push on packaging repos). If
there's again some random persons being added to the group, I will take
away the admin privileges of everyone but me. I previously thought it
was a good idea to give admin privileges to any DD, but seeing that any
random person is granted write access without further checks frightens me.