[PKG-Openstack-devel] Last packages before the OpenStack Icehouse release

Ben Pfaff blp at nicira.com
Mon Mar 31 17:05:06 UTC 2014

On Sat, Mar 22, 2014 at 11:59:06AM -0700, Ben Pfaff wrote:
> On Sun, Mar 23, 2014 at 01:27:28AM +0800, Thomas Goirand wrote:
> > On 03/23/2014 01:07 AM, Ben Pfaff wrote:
> > > Open vSwitch 2.1 was just released.  I am considering updating the
> > > Debian version to 2.1 (from 1.9), but I can hold off if it would cause
> > > problems for OpenStack packaging.
> > This is quite the opposite. We're currently working with OVS 2.0.1,
> > kernel 3.12 from backports and the like. Please go ahead and upload!
> >
> > Are you now using the git repository in the OpenStack group that I've
> > setup? I did couples of commit there, and that's what we've been using
> > for our deployments.
>
> Based on our earlier discussions, the issue there is that it requires us
> to drop or move aside the Debian directory that is in the Open vSwitch
> repo.  I've been thinking about that for some time now, and I think I've
> concluded that moving it to a directory with a different name is the
> most reasonable option.  I'll plan to send out a patch for that next
> week, but it's not in place in the 2.1 release.
>
> In the meantime, I'll look at the commits you made and make sure to
> apply important changes.

I uploaded Open vSwitch 2.1 to unstable just now.  I have only started
looking through the packaging on alioth, so they aren't in there yet.  I
hope to finish looking through them tomorrow morning.

I also haven't sent out the patch to rename the upstream 'debian'
directory yet.  Do you know whether there is a "standard" name for this
kind of thing?