[PKG-Openstack-devel] Issue with django 1.7?

Thomas Goirand zigo at debian.org
Thu Oct 16 15:00:24 UTC 2014

On 10/15/2014 03:54 PM, Alberto Molina Coballes wrote:
> Hi,
>
> After a new Icehouse installation on Debian Jessie everything is working
> properly from command line interface but horizon is showing a 500
> internal server error.
>
> Apache error logs shows:
>
> [snip]
>
> I think it may be related to django version because downgrading to
> django 1.4.5 (wheezy) solves it.
>
> I'm not sure if it's a bug, so I asking to the list before.
>
> Regards
>
> Alberto

Hi Alberto,

According to Julie Pichon in the #openstack-horizon channel in Freenode,
the issue is that we should do:

from django.core.wsgi import get_wsgi_application
application = get_wsgi_application()

Instead of:

import django.core.handlers.wsgi
application = django.core.handlers.wsgi.WSGIHandler()

in:

openstack_dashboard/wsgi/django.wsgi

This has been commited upstream in here:
https://review.openstack.org/#/c/128911/

You can test this out yourself. I'm currently testing it right now, and
probably will add this as a Debian patch if this fixes the issue.