[PKG-Openstack-devel] [MoM] Packaging manila

Malihe Asemani ml.asemani at gmail.com
Fri Apr 10 19:34:12 UTC 2015

Hi Andreas,

On Tue, Apr 7, 2015 at 12:30 AM, Andreas Tille <andreas at an3as.eu> wrote:

> Hi Malihe,

> register

> problem
> > >

> > > Step one and two are done.
> >
> > Good.
> >
> > > It was said that the joining request to a project needs about 24 hours
> > > be accepted. It is more than 24h that I have sent the request. But I
> still
> > > have not received any confirmation. Also, there is not any info on my
> > > Alioth page about adding the OpenStack project to my projects list.
> >
> > I think you'll get an information via mail.  This 24h is a rough
> > estimation.  If you register to Debian Med you usually need to wait less
> > than a hour.  It might help to ping via IRC channel.
>
> Please see the attached log from IRC.  Zigo will add our IDs to enable
> us commiting to debian-openstack Git.

The users is added. thank you and thanks Zigo :)

> I hope you find some other
> valuable information inside the IRC log - perhaps also note the fact
> that it might be helpful to ping via IRC.  For me the hint to
>
>    http://openstack.alioth.debian.org/
>
> seems very important.  Please study it and follow the advise where it
> applies.

I read the log. It was very helpful. thanks.
Sure, I studied the page. It seems to be very important. I'll use the
mentioned advises, certainly.

> > > Afterwards, I added my ssh-key using:
> > > https://alioth.debian.org/account/editsshkeys.php
> > > But I can't ssh to Alioth. Permission denied.
> >
> > I was told this might also need some time.  I'm not sure whether a
> > manual process is involved here but I have heard that the time needed
> > was longer than in other cases.  Perhaps trying from time to time is the
> > proper recipe.
>
> Does this work now?
>
> The key is added and it works correctly.

> > Once this is done we keep on

How can I add the source code there? I think some one should create manila
git-repo on the server, as first step. Or maybe I should request a personal
repo as first step and push the code there ?

> When doing
> we
> that
> > > >
> > > Okay, lets try it :)
> > > Although, I already agree with your suggestion about doing another
> project,
> > > after finishing this one ;)
> >
> > :-)
>
> I forgot to say:  Please contact the author of the Ubuntu package and
> tell him what we plan to do.  When you do so please CC this list.  I
> might consider adding further information.

Sure :)

Best regards
Mali

Kind regards

>     Andreas.
>
> --
> http://fam-tille.de

you can't start the next chapter if you keep re-reading the last one

mali