[PKG-Openstack-devel] [MoM] Packaging manila

Andreas Tille andreas at an3as.eu
Sat Apr 11 09:43:59 UTC 2015

Hi Malihe,

On Sat, Apr 11, 2015 at 12:04:12AM +0430, Malihe Asemani wrote:
> > Please see the attached log from IRC.  Zigo will add our IDs to enable
> > us commiting to debian-openstack Git.
>
> The users is added. thank you and thanks Zigo :)

Same for me.  Thanks Zigo.

> How can I add the source code there? I think some one should create manila
> git-repo on the server, as first step.

This "someone" can be any member of the team - in other words you can do
it yourself.  In the teams where I'm involved exists a setup-repository
script.  I took the freedom to cut-n-paste from Debian Med and created

    /git/openstack/setup-repository

If you call it you get a usage hint.  You can use as package string the
name of the source package and as description the short description of
the binary package (make sure to put it into quotes).  This will create
a bare Git repository.  The teams I'm involved in use a commit mailing
list that forwards all commits.  I consider this *really* practical -
perhaps this is a bit competing to gerrit which Zigo had in mind.  But
For the mentoring it helps a lot since I'm simply informed about any
commit and can react promptly.  I left the code to set this up commented
inside the script.

Zigo, what do you think about an openstack-commit mailing list.  We
could simply copy the hooks from Debian Med.  It also installs KGB which
forwards the commits to the IRC channel.

> Or maybe I should request a personal
> repo as first step and push the code there ?

No, I think a usual repository is the best way to go.  If you want to
become a fully qualified team member of the OpenStack team I see no
reason to start in a sandbox. :-)

Please try the script and tell me if anything might create trouble.

Hope this helps

     Andreas.

--
http://fam-tille.de