[PKG-Openstack-devel] Cooperation in adding Manila to Debian

Thomas Goirand thomas at goirand.fr
Sun Apr 12 21:58:39 UTC 2015

On 04/12/2015 11:29 PM, Malihe Asemani wrote:
> Dear Chuck,
>
> I noticed that you have packaged Manila component of OpenStack for Ubuntu (
> packages.ubuntu.com/manila <http://packages.ubuntu.com/source/utopic/manila>
> ). We plan to package Manila for Debian, too. I would see good chances for
> synergies when we would collaborate inside a common Git repository in
> git.debian.org/openstack <http://anonscm.debian.org/cgit/openstack> to join the
> effort to make the best possible packages of manila for Debian and Ubuntu
> (as well as their derivatives).
>
> I'm looking forward to hear from you.
>
> Kind regards,
> Malihe Asemani

There's unfortunately about 0% chance that people from Canonical
collaborate on the packaging with Debian here. About 2 years ago, Mark
Shuttleworth explained that he doesn't want this to happen (and I
wouldn't dare to repeat his harsh words...). So obviously, employees are
following the orders of the big boss, and this doesn't happen.

Also, the server team is using BZR, and doesn't want to switch to
anything else.

So, just forget about Canonical collaboration here...