[PKG-Openstack-devel] Processed: fixed 774792 2014.1.3-10

Benedikt Trefzer benedikt.trefzer at cirrax.com
Thu Jan 8 16:10:46 UTC 2015

Hi Thomas

Changing the default value in the template does only half fix this bug.
Now the upgrade does not fail. Which is good.

But I do not have a possibility to enable the
neutron-db-manage section in postinst script.
(beside setting it up with debconf, which is not an option ...)

This is also explained in Point 2 and 6.

I think there are two possible solutions for this.
Either have a separate debconf entry ask for manage DB on updates,
or simply do a lookup in the neutron.conf file for the DB connection
string (and not in the debconf values !). If string is found, then
the DB is available and configured. if not, then do not start manageDB.

In case of a noninteractive installation, the connection string in
neutron.conf is set to sqlite on localhost, so it updates the DB there
(wich is not used but does not hurt). This is the same behaviour as
currently if the connection string is not deleted.

If you want me to open a second bug report for this, let me know.

Cheers

Benedikt