[PKG-Openstack-devel] Re-aligning the OpenStack dependency chain across Ubuntu/Debian

Thomas Goirand zigo at debian.org
Sun Jun 7 22:01:45 UTC 2015

On 06/05/2015 11:40 PM, Corey Bryant wrote:
> Looking through http://openstack.alioth.debian.org/ everything seems to
> make sense more or less.  But it's not clear to me how I propose a
> change to one of the git repos.  I assume I won't have upload rights
> from the start.  Also I started working on python-openstackclient and it
> doesn't have a debian/liberty branch.  I'm not sure if I'll have the
> privileges needed to push that on my own or not.  Tips?
>
> --
> Regards,
> Corey

Corey,

You are assuming wrongly. You have the full write access to
/git/openstack, and you can "git push origin debian/libery" if you want
(you need the above full command line for new branches).

The thing is, Alioth is bad currently, because all is black & white: you
can define an ACL to give write access yes/no, and that's it. Which is
why pushing everything on upstream Gerrit will be so much better.

Note that currently, I haven't plugged a Jenkins to do package build on
push for the liberty branch. I hope to be able to do so "soon".

BTW, Corey, are you on IRC? Under what nick name? Also, did you start
the Debian NM process, so you can gain the upload rights to the Debian
archive some day?