[PKG-Openstack-devel] heads up for a new version of dbconfig-common

Thomas Goirand zigo at debian.org
Sun Jun 14 08:48:18 UTC 2015

On 06/12/2015 08:44 PM, Paul Gevers wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I just wanted to let you know that yesterday I uploaded a much improved
> dbconfig-common package to unstable on which some of your packages
> depend (see dd-list output below). I took over ownership of this package
> some time ago from Sean Finney. Although I have extended the set of
> regression tests and have tried to not make invasive changes while
> fixing some long standing bugs, I can't ever be sure that I haven't
> introduced new issue.
>
> So if you receive bugs against your package, and you believe that they
> may be caused by dbconfig-common instead of your own package, don't
> hesitate to reassign the bugs quickly.
>
> Furthermore, I like to use this opportunity to make you aware of my
> proposal for a BOF meeting at Debconf [1] to talk about dbconfig-common.
>
> And also, although I am not promising anything, if you have improvement
> requests for dbconfig-common, don't hesitate to file them as wish list
> bugs. Also contributions (even directly to the collab-maint repository
> [2] if well documented or discussed) are welcome.
>
> [1] https://summit.debconf.org/debconf15/meeting/190/using-dbconfig-common/
> [2] https://anonscm.debian.org/cgit/collab-maint/dbconfig-common.git
>
> Paul

Paul,

Thanks a lot for working on this. I will for sure attend your BoF. I
have indeed a set of features which I would love to see in
dbconfig-common, like the support for parsing DSN as a helper script,
support for other types of db (mongodb, for example), etc.

Do you have somewhere a comprehensive list of the set of new features
available, which would be nicer to read than the debian/changelog?