[PKG-Openstack-devel] Changing the ACL policy for alioth projects (Was: Unable to push debian-jr changes)

Andreas Tille andreas at an3as.eu
Tue Mar 31 06:30:34 UTC 2015

Hi,

since I have cared for ACLs set on all projects I have admin permissions
I always (obviously wrongly - see[1]) assume that people do so as well
in their projects.  I experienced the same issue yesterday in
pkg-openstack: The fact that there is a way to grant commit permissions
to any DD to VCSs on alioth is widely unknown even if it is mentioned in
the Alioth FAQ[2].

I hereby like to propose that the default on Alioth will be that ACLs
are set to grant write permissions for DDs *by default* and project
admins need to ask admins to revert this if they have good reasons to
prevent any DD from writing to their VCS.

Any opinions?

Kind regards

     Andreas.

[1] https://lists.debian.org/debian-jr/2015/03/msg00001.html