[PKG-Openstack-devel] "Recycle" debconf translations for ironic?

Christian PERRIER bubulle at debian.org
Fri May 1 06:21:19 UTC 2015

Quoting Christian PERRIER (bubulle at debian.org):
> Hello fellow Openstack maintainers,
>
> I just noticed that two new packages of yours appeared in the archive,
> both of them with familiar debconf templates.

A similar question raises for "ironic" but, here, it seems that files
from "neutron" have been re-used, which seems fine.

However, for Ironic, two new strings that seem specific to that
package appeared:

Template: ironic/enabled_drivers
Type: multiselect
Default: pxe_ipmitool
Choices: pxe_ipmitool, pxe_ipminative, pxe_ssh, pxe_seamicro, pxe_iboot, pxe_ilo, pxe_drac, pxe_snmp
 It is possible to activate multiple drivers per Ironic conductor node to
 manage deployment and power. It is not mandatory to use the same list of
 activated drivers across all of your ironic-conductor nodes.

My problem, when I started the translation of this specific template
is the question that raised in my mind:

"what the hell is a 'conductor'"? ;-)