[PKG-Openstack-devel] python-xstatic-angular-bootstrap_0.11.0.2-1_amd64.changes REJECTED

Thomas Goirand thomas at goirand.fr
Sat May 2 21:07:51 UTC 2015

On 05/02/2015 08:00 PM, Paul Richards Tagliamonte wrote:

> Upstream has no license information. In fact, nearly the *only*
> requirement of the MIT/Expat license is:
>
>     The above copyright notice and this permission notice shall be included in all
>     copies or substantial portions of the Software.
>
> ===
>
> Please feel free to respond to this email if you don't understand why
> your files were rejected, or if you upload new files which address our
> concerns.

Hi Paul!

First of all, thanks a lot for all the package review. This is simply
awesome, and helps me really a lot in my work!

Well, for all XStatic projects, the habit is to use the same licensing
as for the javascript that is packaged as Python module. So in this file:

xstatic/pkg/angular_bootstrap/__init__.py

you can see:

LICENSE = '(same as %s)' % DISPLAY_NAME

then in xstatic/pkg/angular_bootstrap/data/angular-bootstrap.js, in the
header of the file, you may see:

  * angular-ui-bootstrap
  * http://angular-ui.github.io/bootstrap/

  * Version: 0.11.0 - 2014-05-01
  * License: MIT

So, python-xstatic-angular-bootstrap uses the same Expat license.

Is this enough? Can I upload again the package? Or should I ask for a
more clear statement from upstream (which by the way, I have met face to
face, and I know how to ping him on Freenode...)?