[PKG-Openstack-devel] [MoM] Packaging manila

Andreas Tille andreas at an3as.eu
Sun May 3 17:23:25 UTC 2015

Hi Thomas,

On Sun, May 03, 2015 at 10:03:15AM +0200, Thomas Goirand wrote:
> > thanks for helping out with the MoM project.
>
> My pleasure!

:-)

> > OK.  However, I think the debian/watch file should be fixed anyway to
> > report the latest upstream version.  Verifying this by using
> >
> >    uscan --verbose --report
>
> Yes. You can take the watch file from nova or cinder as example, it handles both beta and rc releases.
>
> > So the question I now have is:  How to pull this from upstream.  My
> > repository now looks like:
> >
> > $ cat .git/config
> > [core]
> >         repositoryformatversion = 0
> >         filemode = true
> >         bare = false
> >         logallrefupdates = true
> > [remote "origin"]
> >         url = ssh://git.debian.org/git/openstack/manila.git
> >         fetch = +refs/heads/*:refs/remotes/origin/*
> > [branch "debian/kilo"]
> >         remote = origin
> >         merge = refs/heads/debian/kilo
>
> Simply do:
> ./debian/rules fetch-upstream-remote
> git merge -X theirs 2015.1.0
> [ edit debian/changelog and commit the new version ]
> git push

OK, sounds sensible.  Malihe, I think its time we start working on one
common Git repository.  I have deleted /git/openstack/manila.git and I
think it is the best idea if you rename manila_Mali.git to manila.git.

Please update this as suggested above to the latest upstream releases
and commit your work.  Then we should start with the real packaging
stuff.

Kind regards

      Andreas.

--