[PKG-Openstack-devel] cloud-utils growroot doesn't work with newer sfdisk >= 2.26 : fixed patch solution for newer and older sfdisk

Thomas Goirand thomas at goirand.fr
Mon May 4 13:15:38 UTC 2015

Hi Scott and Juerg,

Someone has filed this bug in Debian:

Unfortunately, the patch here:
http://pkgs.fedoraproject.org/cgit/cloud-utils.git/plain/0002-Support-new-sfdisk-version-2.26.patch

doesn't work with the older sfdisk, currently in Sid, but works with
version 2.26 only.

To make a smooth transition, best would be to make a conditional test,
and check if we're running with util-linux 2.25, or >= 2.26. This would
also allow newer cloud-utils to be backported to Jessie.

This is what I've done on the attached patch. Scott, could you please
use that upstream from now on?

Also, what about the do-not-use-EXIT-when-trapping.patch patch which I
had to add in Debian? Could you please apply them both?