[PKG-Openstack-devel] [MoM] Packaging manila

Malihe Asemani ml.asemani at gmail.com
Thu May 7 11:43:23 UTC 2015

Hey All,

Thank you Thomas and Andreas. The comments were very helpful.
Andreas, I renamed manila_Mali to manila on server. I tried to create a
list of task based on your and Thomas's comments. They are:

   1.  Merge new upstream version to current git
   2. rip-off Ubuntu part of changelog, and create just one entry as first
   debian members work on Manila
   3. Update Uploades field in Control file
   4. Remove Orig Recipe from rules file
   5. add OSLO_PACKAGE_VERSION to rule file
   6. Move python-pbr from Build-Depends-Indep to Build-Depends in control
   file
   7. adapt watch file in such a way to be compatible with
   tag-base-packaging
   8. Use pkgos-reqsdiff to check and correct Manila dependencies

Until now, I have done the first 7 steps, and pushed the results on git.

The current result of pkgos-bop on Manila is attached. An error related to
pyversions is still remained:
"...
pyversions: missing X(S)-Python-Version in control file, fall back to
debian/pyversions
pyversions: missing debian/pyversions file, fall back to supported versions
running clean
'build/lib.linux-x86_64-2.7' does not exist -- can't clean it ...."

And another noticeable part is:
"...
E: Core build dependencies not satisfied; skipping
gbp:error: 'sbuild -v --no-apt-update' failed: it exited with 3
..."

I guess I should do step 8 (I mean pkgos-reqsdiff), to be able to resolve
this dependency issue. What do you think?

BTW, cinder watch file reads from https://github.com/openstack/*nova*/tags.
I think it should be changed to https://github.com/openstack/*cinder*/tags

Warmest regards
Mali