[PKG-Openstack-devel] [MoM] Packaging manila

Andreas Tille andreas at an3as.eu
Thu May 7 15:24:04 UTC 2015

Hi Malihe,

On Thu, May 07, 2015 at 04:13:23PM +0430, Malihe Asemani wrote:

>    1.  Merge new upstream version to current git
>    2. rip-off Ubuntu part of changelog, and create just one entry as first
>    debian members work on Manila
>    3. Update Uploades field in Control file
>    4. Remove Orig Recipe from rules file
>    5. add OSLO_PACKAGE_VERSION to rule file
>    6. Move python-pbr from Build-Depends-Indep to Build-Depends in control
>    file
>    7. adapt watch file in such a way to be compatible with
>    tag-base-packaging
>    8. Use pkgos-reqsdiff to check and correct Manila dependencies
>
> Until now, I have done the first 7 steps, and pushed the results on git.

This sounds like some progress.

> The current result of pkgos-bop on Manila is attached. An error related to
> pyversions is still remained:
> "...
> pyversions: missing X(S)-Python-Version in control file, fall back to
> debian/pyversions
> pyversions: missing debian/pyversions file, fall back to supported versions
> running clean
> 'build/lib.linux-x86_64-2.7' does not exist -- can't clean it ...."
>
> And another noticeable part is:
> "...
> E: Core build dependencies not satisfied; skipping
> gbp:error: 'sbuild -v --no-apt-update' failed: it exited with 3
> ..."

At first I noticed that there is another error in your log:

dpkg-deb: building package `sbuild-build-depends-core-dummy' in `/«BUILDDIR»/resolver-7UcRZi/apt_archive/sbuild-build-depends-core-dummy.deb'.
gpg: no default secret key: secret key not available
gpg: signing failed: secret key not available
Failed to sign dummy archive Release file.

Did you created a GPG key?  While I think this is not necessary for the
actual build process the script you called might require this.  I admit
I'm a bit concerned that in openstack team a lot of wrappers are used
specific for the team even if they are actually not really specific.

A simple   `gbp buildpackage`   would have done the job as well to build
the package and works for everybody.

> I guess I should do step 8 (I mean pkgos-reqsdiff), to be able to resolve
> this dependency issue. What do you think?

While I think if Thomas suggested it, it might make sense to do so.  I
personally also prefer rather

     cme fix dpkg-control

which does a similar thing regarding formatting first.  After this I
would try the suggested `pkgos-reqsdiff`.  The rationale is that I
prefer generic packaging (see in Debian Med policy what packages are
needed to install cme).

If you ask me please try also:

./debian/rules gen-orig-xz
gbp buildpackage

This should also build the package without any wrapper.  I'd prefer at
least knowing what happens behind the scenes (even if gbp is also a
non-trival wrapper - but it is a generic packaging tool working in all
teams).

Just let me know what might happen for the single parts.

Kind regards

     Andreas.

--
http://fam-tille.de