[PKG-Openstack-devel] [MoM] Packaging manila

Thomas Goirand thomas at goirand.fr
Thu May 7 21:59:29 UTC 2015

On 05/02/2015 06:35 PM, Malihe Asemani wrote:
> Hi Andreas,
>
> I started from reading /usr/bin/pkgos-setup-sbuild and trying to understand
> what is it doing. finally, I could run  "sudo pkgos-setup-sbuild dev mali"
> (I used sudo because the script manipulates some config files and needs
> permission for doing that).
> hmmm.... let me confess I had some problems with lines 375 & 376:
>
>      su ${THE_DEV_USER} -c pkgos-scan-repo
>      su ${THE_DEV_USER} -c pkgos-scan-repo ${REPO_NOCHANGE_BACKPORT_DEST}
>
> These commands complain about permissions when they are trying to upload
> packages on repo. I ran the command manually by root user and it worked
> correctly. finally I commented lines 375 and 376.

Thinking about it again... Now here's a better reply:

You shouldn't do that. What you should do is:
chown -R mali:mali /home/ftp/debian

then there will be no issue anymore. Unfortunately, that's hardly
something that could be fixed but with documentation, as doing the above
in the script is very intrusive.

> Anyway, these commands are trying to upload some build-ed packages on repo,
> AFAIU. So, they are not our current concern, I guess.

What it does is building a package containing the repository GPG public
key, so that you can install the key when using the repository. If you
already have a gpg key for the mali user, then it will use that.