[PKG-Openstack-devel] Python 3 support for Pysaml2

Thomas Goirand thomas at goirand.fr
Tue May 12 13:52:28 UTC 2015

Hi,
https://github.com/rohe/pysaml2-3
I maintain all of OpenStack in Debian, and Pysaml2 is now the biggest
blocker for adding Python 3 support. I have seen that there's a
repository at https://github.com/rohe/pysaml2-3 but this repository
hasn't received any commit for more than a year.

As we really need Python 3 support for this package, something must be
done soon.

So I am wondering: is there still an ongoing effort to port Pysaml2 to
Python3? Would you care for some help?

I already attempted to write patches, but the amount of work is huge.
First, there's all these print statements, then the Except a, b instead
of a as b, then when the new location of the standard cookie lib. Once
all of this is done, then the serious action begins. Unfortunately, I
don't think we can patch it all at once, and that it would be a lot
easier to have patches accepted upstream gradually. If we write patches,
and send some pull requests, will you accept them quickly?