[PKG-Openstack-devel] [MoM] Packaging manila

Andreas Tille andreas at an3as.eu
Tue May 26 21:25:33 UTC 2015

Hi Malihe,

On Wed, May 27, 2015 at 12:50:37AM +0430, Malihe Asemani wrote:
> On Tue, May 12, 2015 at 2:16 AM, Thomas Goirand <thomas at goirand.fr> wrote:
> > Once I did, pkgos-reqsdiff worked perfectly, and showed numerous issues
> in the dependencies, like lack of version numbers in some the dependencies.
> It also shows the difference when packaging Oslo libraries, with Canonical
> using python-oslo-* instead of python-oslo. (ie: dash instead of dot). This
> has to be fixed. Note that this is due to upstream OpenStack project doing
> lots of funny things with renaming of libraries, namespace fun and so on,
>
> Renaming of which libraries? I did not get how the last sentence is related
> to python-oslo.* ! would you please explain it a little bit more?
>
> > so I do understand how Canonical team may have done a mistake here.
>
> Why renaming python-oslo.* to python-oslo-* can be a mistake?

You need to specify *existing* packages.  I have no idea why the Ubuntu
packages have diverging names from Debian.  However, if you create a
Debian package you need to use the package names that are available in
Debian.

> Another question, from where can I find if I need some other directories
> like /var/lib/manila/cache (as an example) or not? what about needed config
> files like api-paste.ini for manila?

I'd consult the documentation of manila provided by upstream.

Kind regards

       Andreas.

Remark: I have deleted those questions I have no answer for.

--
http://fam-tille.de