[PKG-Openstack-devel] python-pyeclib dependencies

Thomas Goirand zigo at debian.org
Thu Nov 19 08:07:28 UTC 2015

On 11/19/2015 05:18 AM, Gohad, Tushar wrote:
> Hi Thomas,
>
> Another important one – we need to update “python-pyeclib-1.1.1”
> dependencies to specify “liberasurecode-1.1.0-2” exactly.  The Ubuntu
> builds seem to have failed because they picked liberasurecode 1.0.8.
>
> Thanks
>
> Tushar

Hi,

What you ask isn't possible. Either liberasurecode has changed its
API/ABI, and therefore, you should bump the SONAME, either it has not,
and the old version 1.0.8 is fine. If you choose the former, then please
release a new version of liberasurecode, and on the Debian side, it will
produce liberasurecode2, not liberasurecode1.

Everything else (I mean by that: the liberasurecodeX dependency in
pyeclib) is calculated by dh_shlibsdeb.

So, which one do you choose?