[PKG-Openstack-devel] Openstack Monasca Packages

Thomas Goirand zigo at debian.org
Tue Aug 23 14:00:26 UTC 2016

On 08/22/2016 02:25 PM, Gui Maluf wrote:
> Hi Thomas and Corey,
> thanks for looking at this. I'm struggling for learning and creating how
> to build those packages in a reproductible environment. I'm using
> docker, since my main distritbution is Gentoo.
>
> Do you guys have and tips about it or recommends any
> setup/tools/documentation for packaging right?
>
> Many thanks in advance! :)

Hi there!

I currently don't have plans to package Monasca. As you may know, my
company (ie: Mirantis) uses stacklight, and isn't really interested in
Monasca, so that's really low on my priorities. However, it's really ok
to mentor you, and help you to get the packages in Debian.

The first thing to do would be to package any dependencies that aren't
in Debian yet. Do you have any of these? How far have you gone into the
packaging?

You can join me and the rest of the team in #openstack-pkg in Freenode,
or in #debian-openstack on irc.debian.org (aka: OFTC). From there, feel
free to ask any question.

The best way to start would be to have a look at already packaged
services, and try to do the same. On IRC, I could point you at the
correct package to look at. A full description of the services you need
to package would certainly help, so that we have an overview of everything.