[PKG-Openstack-devel] Moving python-fixtures packaging to OpenStack infra

Antoine Musso hashar at free.fr
Wed Aug 24 08:33:16 UTC 2016

Le 24/08/2016 à 09:22, Thomas Goirand a écrit :
> The thing is, I'd prefer if all of these testing tools were all hosted
> at the same place (for consistency). Moreover, the DPMT currently
> imposes the use of git-dpm, which is very annoying. And I very much
> would prefer using Gerrit with the CI/CD of OpenStack infra than just
> Git, so that we constantly check that packages can be built on each patch.

Hello,

Wikimedia went with git buildpackage, patches are reviewed in a pre
commit workflow via Gerrit which get the package build automatically by
CI thanks to http://jenkins-debian-glue.org/

I agree for consistency it would be nicer to have everything at the same
place and DPMT / alioth makes much more sense:  more DD available, easy
to do bulk changes on all packages etc.  Then it has some serious
drawbacks compared to OpenStack:

* lack of notification for changes to packages one cares about
* direct push without review (thought one could use feature branches).
* no CI
* no fine grained permission (as I understand it)

Would it make sense to figure out a way to improve the Alioth
infrastructure to add a Gerrit like system and most importantly some CI?
 Debian already has a Jenkins install, so its definitely doable.

I would not mind spending some time to help on that front.

--
Antoine "hashar" Musso