[PKG-Openstack-devel] [Debian]Unable to login to Debian 8.6.2

Thomas Goirand zigo at debian.org
Sat Dec 3 16:14:11 UTC 2016

On 12/02/2016 10:58 AM, A Vamsikrishna wrote:
> Hi Team,
>
> I am unable to login to Debian 8.6.2 using below combinations of
> credentials:
>
> debian / debian
> debian / With out any password
> root / debian
> debian / root
> root / root

The images aren't accessible using passwords. The user should be
"debian", and you should be able to login with an ssh key, but there's
no password set for the "debian" user or for root (unless you create the
image yourself, in which case you can set a root password, but this is
not the default and discouraged for security reasons).

> 3.Booted the VM using below command:
>
> nova boot  --flavor ds1G --image 7f6346f6-af4d-44b6-ae8c-121e57c55ac6
> --nic net-id=$(neutron net-list |grep '\snet1' |awk '{print $2}')
> --availability-zone nova:devcontrol VM-Debian

You aren't even specifying a keypair here. You should be using the
--key-name parameter, using a previously uploaded key.

There's nothing Debian specific here. Probably most vendor images are
designed the same way.