[PKG-Openstack-devel] Using sda1 instead of vda1

Alberto Molina Coballes alb.molina at gmail.com
Sat Dec 3 16:35:48 UTC 2016

On jue, dic 01, 2016 at 07:15:36 +0100, Alexander Birkner wrote:

> The instance can only boot if the device is called vda1 but then no fstrim will work.

You can use guestfish before upload the image to modify the image and associate /dev/sda1 to the root filesystem or any other modification needed, see [1]. Whatever the case, I guess that similar problems could be avoided using UUID instead /dev/vda1 in /etc/fstab

Regards,

Alberto

[1] http://docs.openstack.org/image-guide/modify-images.html