[PKG-Openstack-devel] No admin/service users is created

Thomas Goirand zigo at debian.org
Tue Dec 6 11:56:27 UTC 2016

On 12/06/2016 12:28 PM, Turbo Fredriksson wrote:
> I’m trying to reinstall my whole Openstack installation again, more or less
> from scratch (I’m reusing most of my bootstrapping) using Stretch this
> time. Using Sid was way to unstable. Which is in the name, but still :D
>

> But it seems that none of the users where/is created!
>
> As in, each service get their own user/password and I’m pretty sure those
> where created in the Sid packages. Granted, when I installed that in April,
> I used Mitaka, then upgraded to Newton.
>
> This time, I’m installing Newton from scratch (on Stretch as said).
>

> I’ve pre-seeded this:
>
>   aodh-common     aodh/admin-user string  aodh
>   barbican-common barbican/admin-user     string  barbican
>   ceilometer-common       ceilometer/admin-user   string  ceilometer
>   cinder-common   cinder/admin-user       string  cinder
>   designate-common        designate/admin-user    string  designate
>   glance-common   glance/admin-user       string  glance
>   heat-common     heat/admin-user string  heat
>   ironic-common   ironic/admin-user       string  ironic
>   keystone        keystone/admin-user     string  admin
>   magnum-common   magnum/admin-user       string  magnum
>   manila-common   manila/admin-user       string  manila
>   mistral-common  mistral/admin-user      string  mistral
>   murano-common   murano/admin-user       string  murano
>   neutron-common  neutron/admin-user      string  neutron
>   neutron-metadata-agent  neutron-metadata/admin-user     string  admin
>   nova-common     nova/admin-user string  nova
>   senlin-common   senlin/admin-user       string  senlin
>   trove-common    trove/admin-user        string  trove
>   zaqar-common    zaqar/admin-user        string  zaqar
>
> together with the corresponding “xxx/admin-password” but the only
> user that is created is the “admin” user.
>
> I’ve been looking over the {pre,post}inst scripts, but I can’t see any where
> where those users should have been created..
>

> Did I miss anything?

There's indeed no logic to create admin users through the Keystone API.
If you want a different user for each and every service, then you have
to create it by yourself using the openstack command line. We could add
the logic for it, but I don't think it's useful. Your thoughts?

BTW, I had a look at the bug reports you sent about db issues, and it
looks like to me that you were using SQLite. For a number of project,
this isn't supported upstream. I'm therefore confused and not sure what
I should do with these bugs. Any comment?