[PKG-Openstack-devel] Can't create flavor

Turbo Fredriksson turbo at bayour.com
Wed Jun 8 10:19:30 UTC 2016

On Jun 8, 2016, at 10:00 AM, Thomas Goirand wrote:

> What I know is that it's a working thing, as it passes tempest tests

Ok, that's good news at least I guess.

> Do you have enough credentials to create the
> flavor? ie, are you doing it as admin role?

Yes. I've been googling and it seems there's a lot of people
is having the same problem. And most of them refer to mismatches
between the config options. Most of which seems to be (close to)
being deprecated, so figuring out what to do is difficult.

BUT, if we assume that the packages is a-ok and if I give the
correct values to the debconf values and the package(s) create
correct files from that, I'm at a loss.

There might still be remnants of my initial "super advanced
passwords" somewhere (I saw them in a few other places), so
I'm going to redo the install from scratch, and do it in more
separated steps, verifying everything at each.

I kind'a expected to do that anyway, I always learn a lot by
doing it in a "shoot everything you see" kind'a way :) and then
redo it from scratch with the information I've gathered from
the first attempt.