[PKG-Openstack-devel] Destroying (reinstalling) a Nova node?

Turbo Fredriksson turbo at bayour.com
Wed Jun 8 10:27:17 UTC 2016

On Jun 8, 2016, at 9:36 AM, Thomas Goirand wrote:

> You don't need nova-scheduler in every compute nodes, neither the
> nova-api package. That's typically installed once in your control plane.
>
> Same for magnum-api and magnum-conductor.

Ah, perfect. That's good news!

> Never, you need to manually install a *-common package, it's always
> pulled by some dependencies. So don't bother with them.

I noticed, I just cut-and-pasted what's installed. My command line
doesn't install those.

> As for removing packages, if you *purge* it, it will also remove all of
> the debconf answers.

That I knew :).

> Also, answers to the db and api endpoints are
> always gone away after the package is installed, and will always be
> prompted again.

That kind'a sucks. And that explain why debconf-get-selections didn't
contain all the values I've answered.

> Last, if you want to preseed (ie: pre-answer the prompts
> before isntalling), the openstack-deploy package contains a preseed
> library that you can reuse.

Thanx, I'll have a look.
--
Choose a job you love, and you will never have
to work a day in your life.