[PKG-Openstack-devel] image version "2" is not in supported versions 1, 2

Turbo Fredriksson turbo at bayour.com
Wed Jun 8 23:27:36 UTC 2016

On Jun 8, 2016, at 11:24 PM, Turbo Fredriksson wrote:

> .. and now I'm back to "not working" again!

And now it works again..

Well, even though I in the previous install started with
MariaDB v10.0, couldn't get it (openstack) to work and
then purged the mariadb-server-10.0 package, it left
_something_ behind which made the install of the
mysql-server-5.6 + keystone not work.

Another install from scratch, but this time using MySQL
(again) directly, updating the DB and server to allow
remote connections and then installing keystone.

I can now list services, users etc with a v3 URL.
So it seems that Keystone don't work with MariaDB.

PS. I might not know about Openstack, but I'm not a
    new bee. I know how to reproduce my results :)
    I followed exactly the same procedure in both
    cases.

Another PS: The /usr/share/openstack-deploy/mysql-remote-root
            script in the openstack-build package
            modifies /etc/mysql/my.cnf.
            In a fresh install of mysql-server-5.6,
            the file is instead

              /etc/mysql/mysql.conf.d/mysqld.cnf

            I recommend something like

    find /etc/mysql -type f -name '*.cnf' | \
        while read file; do \
            grep -q '^bind-' "${file}" && \
                sed -i 's|^bind-address[ \t]*=.*|bind-address = 0.0.0.0|' \
                    "${file}"; \
        done

            Not tested, but that should not be to
            far of target.
--
Geologists recently discovered that "earthquakes" are
nothing more than Bruce Schneier and Chuck Norris