[PKG-Openstack-devel] [Admins] Upgrading Openstack from Icehouse to Juno (and beyond) on Debian jessie?

Ben Rosser bjr at acm.jhu.edu
Mon May 9 00:12:01 UTC 2016

On Sunday, May 08, 2016 02:55:08 PM Thomas Goirand wrote:
> On 05/08/2016 04:22 AM, Ben Rosser wrote:
> > For example, there was an unmet dependency on python-cinder that could
> >
> > not be satisfied because:
> >  python-cinder : Depends: python-eventlet (>= 0.15.1) but 0.13.0-2 is to
> >
> > be installed
> >
> > And python-eventlet is the latest version.
>
> You also need to add the "juno-backports" repository. starting on Kilo,
> I added explicitly "jessie" in front and "-nochange" to express the fact
> I didn't touch these packages, and just did a backport, so starting from
> Kilo, you'll need both: jessie-kilo-backports-nochange and
> jessie-kilo-backports.

Thanks for the quick response!

I just tested this; unfortunately, it doesn't seem to work either, but for a
different reason: apt wanted to download glance 2014.2.2-2, but what's actually
in jessie-juno-backports is 2014.2.2-5
(http://archive.gplhost.com/debian/pool/jessie-juno-backports/main/g/glance)

The exact error is here: https://paste.debian.net/682943/, and the full
(simulated) transaction is here: https://paste.debian.net/682942/

Any idea what the issue is?

> > and if so, what packages? I don't
> > suppose there's documentation anywhere that I should be following?
>
> Unfortunately, my efforts to contribute to docs.openstack.org haven't
> been very rewarding (and sometimes, things went even backward). But I
> don't give-up on that. Contributions welcome there as well.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Thomas Goirand (zigo)

Sure, once we get it working, I'd be happy to document our upgrade path. :)

Thanks,
Ben Rosser