[PKG-Openstack-devel] OpenStack image for debian-testing

Steve McIntyre steve at einval.com
Tue May 10 12:53:38 UTC 2016

On Sun, May 08, 2016 at 02:38:41PM +0200, Thomas Goirand wrote:

>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> Thanks for your message, that's really useful.
>>>
>>> I have no time to work on a new version of cloud-init right now,
>>> however, I've added:
>>>
>>> biosdevname=0 net.ifnames=0
>>>
>>> to the kernel command line, until we can update cloud-init.
>>>
>>> Note that it will take 5 days for the openstack-debian-images package to
>>> migrate to testing, so we can expect a new, fixed, testing image in
>>> about a week and a half.
>>
>> Should the new image be built automatically or does someone have to
>> trigger the build?
>
>It's normally generated together with the ISO images. Adding Steve as CC
>so he can tell.
>
>Steve, how come we don't have a new image? I thought it was generated
>weekly, and automatically? We'd need a fixed version with biosdevname=0
>net.ifnames=0 from the latest openstack-debian-images package...
>
>> It looks like there have been no new testing images for half a year now.
>
>I can seen images from 2nd of April:
>http://cdimage.debian.org/cdimage/openstack/current/
>
>I'm not sure what the difference is between "current" and "testing"
>though. Maybe Steve can also tell...

Apologies, I disabled live image production a while ago due to
breakages and it looks like I disabled openstack too by mistake. I've
just fixed that now, and I've just triggered a build by hand.

--
Steve McIntyre, Cambridge, UK.                                steve at einval.com
Into the distance, a ribbon of black