[PKG-Openstack-devel] Openstack Newton (Was: Changes I have in mind for the python-rtslib-fb package in Debian)

Thomas Goirand zigo at debian.org
Sat Oct 8 10:00:25 UTC 2016

On 10/07/2016 03:26 PM, Turbo Fredriksson wrote:
> On Oct 7, 2016, at 1:45 PM, Thomas Goirand wrote:
>
>> First of all, sorry for writing back a bit late, but this week was the
>> release week for OpenStack (Newton version). I was *very* busy uploading
>> 100s of packages to Debian, and couldn't reply earlier.
>
> I'm guessing this is available in Testing? Any plans on 'porting' it
> to Sid?

Hi,

You are mistaking here. Packages are uploaded to Sid (aka: unstable),
always. A Debian Developer can only upload there. They are then
migrating to Debian Testing if there's no bugs for 5 days (by default).

So, they are now in Sid, and will soon reach Testing. I will then upload
OpenStack Newton to official Jessie backports then everything reaches
testing. I am not allowed to upload to stable-backports before packages
reach Testing (so we can provide an upgrade path).