[PKG-Openstack-devel] keystone: Keystone won't start, missing command

Thomas Goirand zigo at debian.org
Thu Oct 13 15:17:23 UTC 2016

On 10/13/2016 04:33 PM, Alberto Molina Coballes wrote:
>> 1. Why is there still a sysv init script for it [in the 'keystone'
>>    package]?
>
> sysv init script is not available in the new packages.

That is correct.

>> 2. How is that 'external wsgi server' setup, and why wasn't it
>>    done automatically on the upgrade?
>
> This question must be answered by the package maintainer, but I
> think that this step is not easy to achieve

I'm not sure why it wasn't done on upgrade, really. In the postinst of
keystone, you can read:

if [ "$1" = "configure" ] ; then
	[...]
	a2enmod wsgi || true
        a2ensite wsgi-keystone.conf || true
        invoke-rc.d apache2 restart || true
        [...]
fi

So, unconditionally apache is configured with wsgi-keystone.conf enabled.

For aodh, I used another way: I used uwsgi. Maybe you can test it, and
tell me if you prefer this way rather than Apache. I am leaning toward
this option, since it keeps standard startup scripts and such.

One big issue though, is that the official install-guide is documenting
using Apache, so we'd be doing something differently than other distro
here. It may also be a problem for puppet-openstack compatibility.

>> 3. I was running Mitaka before this upgrade today, and then
>>    the sysv init script worked and started the service (as far
>>    as I can remember anyway).
>>    OR: How do I now start that 'external wsgi server'? Apache
>>        is running...
>
> You can use:
>
> /etc/apache2/sites-available/wsgi-keystone.conf
>
> Included in the keystone package

Yes, and you can try the commands I pasted above, if the postinst didn't
run as expected.

BTW, I'd be happy to read about your upgrade experience.