[PKG-Openstack-devel] rabbit_* deprecated

Thomas Goirand zigo at debian.org
Mon Oct 17 21:25:20 UTC 2016

On 10/16/2016 07:37 PM, Turbo Fredriksson wrote:
> It is replaced by: transport_url
>
> Very little worked like it should with these rabbit_* options. It
> was mentioned they where/was going to be deprecated in Mitaka, but
> apparently they're now fully deprecated..
>
> Please update all packages to use transport_url instead..
>
> If you want/need me to send in bug reports for all packages
> that have these rabbit_* options enabled, I will but I guess
> there's going to be _a lot_ of them..

Hi there,

Please don't file bug reports, that's things that I know I have to work
on. That, and also the [keystone_authtoken] bits, which really, is a
real pain in the back. The big issue here is the way it's being
deprecated upstream. It'd be long to explain why, for the
keystone_authtoken, but what I hate is that upstream doesn't produce a
useable config file with the correct options. Look at the [neutron]
section in Nova, or the [nova] section in Neutron. That's what
keystonemiddleware is suppose to generate, but it simply doesn't... :(

What I've been thinking about was simply write my own python module just
in order to generate the [keystone_authtoken] correctly. Do you think
that's reasonable? I was tempted to call it something like
python-restore-keystone-sanity or something fun like this. Suggestion
for the name are welcome.