[PKG-Openstack-devel] rabbit_* deprecated

Turbo Fredriksson turbo at bayour.com
Tue Oct 18 09:44:32 UTC 2016

On Oct 18, 2016, at 1:12 AM, Thomas Goirand wrote:

> The "template config file" that you're talking about is basically done
> by writing a python module. Let me explain a little bit.

I'm well aware. But that does NOT in any way stop you from doing that
once, change it to your need and then put that in the debian dir and
replace the one installed in the debian/tmp (or whatever) dir. And then
keep that updated template updated through the different versions.

That way you have 100% control of what's happening.

> Hum... If I remember correctly, the issue was that upstream wasn't using
> oslo-config-generator at all, which is hardly fixable in the long term
> without directly fixing upstream code.

And that's _EXACTLY_ my point! Yes it IS fixable! See above.

> And that's simply too much work for me, on top of all the packaging.

See my other mail for comments about this.

> Do you mean 6 custom config files to replace the ones form the package?

Yes.

> Could you list them, so that I can see what you think should be fixed?

celia# ll *conf*
-rw-r--r-- 1 turbo root 31118 Oct 13 21:43 dashboard.conf
-rw-r--r-- 1 turbo root   583 Oct 15 12:20 nova-compute.conf
-rwxr-xr-x 1 turbo root   489 Jul  2 14:32 openstack-configure*
-rw-r--r-- 1 turbo root 32753 Jul 17 13:15 senlin.conf
-rw-r--r-- 1 turbo root  6124 Jul 20 15:39 trove-guestagent.conf
-rw-r--r-- 1 turbo root  8862 Jul 22 13:17 trove-taskmanager.conf
-rw-r----- 1 turbo root  9839 Jul 21 22:31 trove.conf

dashboard.conf => Doesn't exist at all, no config what so ever in the
                  package..

openstack-configure => Basically just a shell wrapper for pkgos_inifile()

The other I can't remember exactly, in detail, why I have them.

But if I remember correctly, it was Trove that we talked about in
the other mail, where upstream didn't provide a decent template file..

> Most OpenStack installers are using PXE to install an operating system,
> then they customize the config files with scripts. What you're doing
> isn't very much different.

I know, but the sheer amount of files and scripts is starting to be quite
big and cumbersome.

> It'd be nice if you could share this.

It's not much use to anyone else. Lots of hardcoded values that fit my
setup.

> Even better if you could
> contribute to openstack-meta-packages so that it would be able to setup
> multi-node.

I was considering that in the beginning, but I struggled enough just to
set it up with my own values..
--
If something's hard to do, then it's not worth doing.
- Homer Simpson