[PKG-Openstack-devel] nova_14.0.0~rc1-1_amd64.changes REJECTED

Thomas Goirand zigo at debian.org
Fri Sep 23 22:16:14 UTC 2016

On 09/23/2016 10:00 AM, Chris Lamb wrote:

> "(c) 2010-2016, Others (See individual files for more details)"
>
> Alas this is isn't really acceptable so I am going to have to REJECT.  I
> understand and appreciate that having to have all the entries in d/copyright is
> a pain, but.. yeah.

Hi,

I extracted about 65 unique contributing companies from the source code
doing some grep calls. I hope that's enough. If it isn't, please let me
know what the correct method is to find out (and no, reading all
individual 3700+ files one by one is *not* really practical :) ).

I also need to remind that I was advised by the FTP master team to
*REMOVE* the AUTHORS file from my package (because it was too big).
Hopefully, what I did is the correct compromise.

Nova 14.0.0~rc1-1 re-uploaded.

BTW, can someone look into libjs-tv4?

If you don't mind, a bit of background, just to get things more human
looking:

libjs-tv4 is the last piece of the puzzle to go through for this
OpenStack Newton release (on which we worked for the last 6 months). If
we don't have libjs-tv4, we can't build Horizon (the web GUI of
OpenStack), and work out the packaging of all the 8 Horizon plugins
packages. Moreover, I'm a little bit nervous about it, as there may be
some Django 1.10 issues that will need fixing. :/

I read Thorsten on IRC:

<ta> zigo: hmm, at least all licenses are there, but the mapping to
filenames looks incomplete ...

Though the package was not rejected nor approved. I didn't look into the
libjs-tv4 much myself, but trusted what my colleague Ivan Udovichenko
did (he's a DM, and does very good packaging work.

So I reviewed the file mapping, and uploaded
libjs-tv4_1.2.7+dfsg1-2_amd64.changes. Please let me know if this debian
revision -2 is ok.

BTW: thanks to the whole FTP master team for being so responsive! It's a
life changer... :P