[PKG-Openstack-devel] discussing multi-level upgrades at the OpenStack PTG

Allison Randal allison at lohutok.net
Wed Aug 23 17:37:56 UTC 2017

At DebConf, one of the topics we briefly touched on was the problem of
upgrading from Newton to Pike or Queens, since OpenStack upstream only
supports upgrading one release at a time (Newton to Ocata, Ocata to
Pike, etc.)

This topic will be the focus of a full two-day inter-project room at the
OpenStack upstream Project Teams Gathering, September 11-15 (in Denver,
Colorado, USA). The etherpad for gathering questions and items to
discuss in the session is here, feel free to add anything to it:

https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/queens-PTG-skip-level-upgrades

I'll be attending, so can also act as a proxy if it's useful to drive
any specific questions for Debian.

Allison