[PKG-Openstack-devel] Helping with OpenStack packaging

Geoffrey Thomas Geoffrey.Thomas at twosigma.com
Wed Aug 30 20:25:25 UTC 2017

Hi all! I met some of you at the OpenStack BoF during Debconf and I now
have a bunch of time to help with packaging. As I mentioned I'm pretty
new to OpenStack but much less new to Debian packaging.

1. Is someone already working on the packages that FTBFS with Python 3.6,
or should I start doing that?

2. What's a good time to find people on IRC? (I'm generally available
during the US/Eastern work day)

3. It looks like there's no install guide in the upstream OpenStack
documentation for any release newer than Newton, which describes installing
with Jessie. What's the current source for instructions on installing with
Stretch, and how do we get this reincorporated into the upstream docs?

--
Geoffrey Thomas
geofft at twosigma.com