[PKG-Openstack-devel] python-pymysql_0.7.10-1_amd64.changes ACCEPTED into unstable

Thomas Goirand zigo at debian.org
Wed Feb 22 10:59:47 UTC 2017

On 02/22/2017 11:23 AM, Ondrej Novy wrote:
> Hi,

> <mailto:zigo at debian.org>>:
>
>     Stretch is frozen, please don't do this, upload to Experimental for such
>     changes instead. Otherwise, it's going to be hard to upload potential
>     needed fix for Stretch.
>

> I know.
>

>     In a general way, *never* upload to unstable during the freeze, unless
>     you are uploading a fix for the next stable.
>

> I'm going to open unfreeze request, because this is just minor bugfix
> release. That's why I uploaded to unstable.

In such case, I would strongly advise to ask the release team about it
*before* doing the upload to unstable. Most of the time, they will
refuse new upstream releases, which is why you should ask first, giving
them a diff in attachment to your bug report.

I already have been in such bad situation where I uploaded to unstable,
and the release team refused to unblock, then I had a fix to apply to
the stable-next... It's not a comfortable situation to be in. I am just
trying to spare you the hassle.

In the past, you had to wait a full release cycle before applying as a
DD, so you would get such experience with the relationship with the
release team (which is IMO more a social thing than a technical one).
I'm not sure you had experienced it yet, did you?

As a side note, I personally think the release team should trust more
maintainers to do a good job, but I do understand they have to set
strong general rules too, because not everyone is careful enough.

Hoping this helps,