[PKG-Openstack-devel] Improving the infra CI/CD for Deb packaging

Ondrej Novy novy at ondrej.org
Sun Feb 26 10:19:28 UTC 2017

> It is my view that it makes the git history a lot more dirty.

why use as small commits as possible:

   - it's possible to cherry-pick single change to other branch / repository
   - it's possible to revert single change
   - it's possible to use git-bisect

If you open Google you will find many good arguments why  "as small as
possible" commits is really good idea.

For example I really like flow used in pkg-multimedia team. They are not
editing d/changelog, but just before release they call git-dch. Then it's
really simple to cherry-pick changes between branches, reverting, ... And
one line in d/changelog = one commit.

Is there anyone else in this list who agrees with Thomas about "big fat"
commits is better?

--
Best regards
 Ondřej Nový

Email: novy at ondrej.org
PGP: 3D98 3C52 EB85 980C 46A5  6090 3573 1255 9D1E 064B