[PKG-Openstack-devel] Status?

Thomas Goirand zigo at debian.org
Tue Jul 4 13:08:12 UTC 2017

On 07/02/2017 03:39 PM, Ondrej Novy wrote:
> Hi,

> <mailto:turbo at bayour.com>>:
>
>     You said "debian/newton is not working”. What does that mean? Those
>     URLs doesn’t say much…
>

> Gerrit CI for applying patches (making changes) is not working.

s/is not working/is not maintained/

It just needs a bit of love.

>     So I just wondering what the _current_ status is - is Newton broken now?
>

> Newton in Stretch/Buster is working (with few bugs sometimes).

I'm still willing to (help) maintain Newton for the life of Stretch. But
currently, I don't think it's reasonable to claim I can continue my past
work on the newer OpenStack release. This would need someone sponsoring
me full time, otherwise it wouldn't be done well enough, and I don't
want to take the responsibility to do half of the work. Debian deserves
better than this.