[PKG-Openstack-devel] Future?

Ondrej Novy novy at ondrej.org
Sat Jun 3 11:58:32 UTC 2017

Hi,

It looks like nobody is taking care of OS deb-* infrastructure.
debian/newton is not working:
https://review.openstack.org/#/c/469876/
https://review.openstack.org/#/c/470619/

and debian/octata is not usable at all.

I REALLY want to continue work on OS packages, but I can't.

There is only few possible choices how can I continue to maintain packages:

   - Somebody will fix infra soon (before stretch release) and will take
   care it will work in future - honestly, i'm not interested to do it myself
   - I will move packages (co-)maintained by me to other team
   (DPMT/collab/...)
   - We will move all packages to working VCS (anonscm, github, ...)
   without Gerrit/OS-infra/CI

Thomas, as you sad, you are not interested in maintaining packages for
buster (
http://lists.alioth.debian.org/pipermail/openstack-devel/2017-February/020690.html),
because your life (and work) priority changed. I understand it. But we (as
a team) are now blocked with not working infra and there is nobody who want
to fix it and (which is much more important) take care of it in future.

Please, let's move on. If only one who wanted to take care about os-infra
was you, and you don't have time/interest to do it, let's move it back to
non-infra git and continue work without Gerrit/CI. It's better than work
without Git at all.

Thank you.

--
Best regards
 Ondřej Nový

Email: novy at ondrej.org
PGP: 3D98 3C52 EB85 980C 46A5  6090 3573 1255 9D1E 064B