[PKG-Openstack-devel] Future?

gustavo panizzo gfa at zumbi.com.ar
Wed Jun 21 09:08:15 UTC 2017

Hello

Quoting Johannes Kulik <jkulik at wavecon.de>:

> Hi there,
>
> I'm  totally new to the game, but wanted to help out and started
> with trying to debug the infrastructure problem.
>
> The following commit is responsible for the broken builds:
> https://github.com/openstack/deb-openstack-pkg-tools/commit/1cac4bcb37ded020434bbd28b1f8ae2b2e04ee9e#diff-e86fc02632c0322ab7b2a6f984afdbb8R227
>
> I found this information in these logs
> http://logs.openstack.org/19/470619/1/check/gate-deb-swift-dpkg-debian-jessie/4510548/console.html
>
> ```
> 2017-06-03 11:45:07.565259 | + sudo sed -i
> s/httpredir.debian.org/ftp.us.debian.org/ /etc/apt/sources.list
> 2017-06-03 11:45:07.569563 | sed: can't read /etc/apt/sources.list:
> No such file or directory
> ```
>
> I currently don't have any clue how to create a pull-request for
> fixing this, as the github repos only seem to be used as mirrors.

I'm not sure if the development of deb-openstack-pkg-tools still
happening upstream openstack or in debian's alioth
(i remember seeing a thread about that in this list, check the archives)
but in openstack in general github repos are just mirrors, if you want
to send a PR you'll need to use gerrit

https://docs.openstack.org/infra/manual/developers.html

> Additionally, I'm not sure what the correct fix would be, but as the
> mirror seems to be somewhere in /etc/apt/sources.list.d/ one might
> just want to change every file in there with a *.
>
> If someone could point me to some directions on how to help making
> OpenStack packages for debian possible again, please let me now.

I'll skip this one as i'm not up-to-date on the practices followed lately

sorry i cannot be more helpful!

--
1AE0 322E B8F7 4717 BDEA BF1D 44BB 1BA7 9F6C 6333