[PKG-Openstack-devel] ongoing OpenStack packaging in Debian

Thomas Goirand zigo at debian.org
Wed Mar 1 16:01:14 UTC 2017

On 02/28/2017 07:59 PM, Allison Randal wrote:
> On 02/27/2017 06:28 PM, Allison Randal wrote:
>>
>> So, once this change is +A and merged:
>>
>> https://review.openstack.org/437750
>>
>> We can see if the mirrors for jessie-ocata and jessie-ocata-backports
>> were created properly.
>
> Thanks for the +A, Thomas. So, the result is that the jessie-ocata
> archive was populated, but not jessie-ocata-backports. We're tackling
> that on two fronts, Paul has a change pending that removes one hardcoded
> reference to jessie-newton-backports from Infra:
>
> https://review.openstack.org/439103
>
> And I have a change pending to update the debian/ocata branch of
> deb-auto-backports:
>
> https://review.openstack.org/439096
>
> Allison

You will *not* be able to address the ocata-backports only this way. The
reason is simple: it will take too long (longer than then timeout) to
build all backports for jessie-ocata, plus there's some packages that
need to be build first (build-depends...).

The *ONLY* way to address the transition here, is to import all Newton
package into the Ocata repo. That should be done by a simple reprepro
command (any infra root will have access to it).