[PKG-Openstack-devel] Packaging OpenStack command line clients

David Rabel david.rabel at noresoft.com
Sun Mar 26 10:56:42 UTC 2017

On 13.03.2017 18:32, David Rabel wrote:
> On 13.03.2017 17:18, Thomas Goirand wrote:
>> On 03/13/2017 09:50 AM, David Rabel wrote:
>>> So, I think I do understand what's happening in debian/ now (except for
>>> some details maybe). Could I just go for it and try to package 3.8.1?
>>
>> Unfortunately, we first need to get the Ocata build environment ready.
>> This mean having a Stretch image that we could use on upstream OpenStack
>> infra, so package can be built on it using Stretch (the plan is to
>> already stop supporting Jessie). Then we should get the 2 Debian
>> repository for stretch-ocata setup as well. Until then, unfortunately,
>> we can't do much packaging for Ocata or even Pike.
>
> Can I also help with that? Or do I have to wait for now?

Is someone actively working on this? Can I somehow help with this? I
really would like to get Ocata Packaging started. :)

Allthough my focus is on the command line clients, I'd be happy to help
with any of the other packages or preparation.
I'm really motivated, because I work a lot with OpenStack and I think
Debian is one of the greatest projects in FLOSS-world. So, how can I
help? :)

Yours
  David