[PKG-Openstack-devel] Packaging OpenStack command line clients

Thomas Goirand thomas at goirand.fr
Mon Mar 27 12:08:43 UTC 2017

On 03/27/2017 12:53 AM, Thomas Goirand wrote:
> On 03/26/2017 12:56 PM, David Rabel wrote:

>>> Can I also help with that? Or do I have to wait for now?
>>
>> Is someone actively working on this? Can I somehow help with this? I
>> really would like to get Ocata Packaging started. :)
>>
>> Allthough my focus is on the command line clients, I'd be happy to help
>> with any of the other packages or preparation.
>> I'm really motivated, because I work a lot with OpenStack and I think
>> Debian is one of the greatest projects in FLOSS-world. So, how can I
>> help? :)
>
> Here's what need to be fixed so that we have a Stretch image to work on
> in OpenStack infra.
>
> The image is built using a script in the openstack-infra/project-config
> repository. It is located in ./tools/build-image.sh. I've been trying to
> run it with the following environment (which can later on be passed to
> the build script):
>
> export DIB_RELEASE="stretch"
> export DIB_DEBOOTSTRAP_EXTRA_ARGS=--include=systemd-sysv
> export DISTRO=debian-minimal
> export DISTRO_NAME=debian
> export CONFIG_REF=refs/changes/13/445813/2
>
> then just run:
>
> ./tools/build-image.sh
>
> The above currently fails. If we find a way to fix it, then we may have
> a Stretch image. I've been trying to find the problem for about 2 weeks.
> "pabelanger" on IRC (on #openstack-infra) wrote to me last week that he
> will try to find out what's going on "this" week-end (which is already
> over). Though I'm not sure if he will.
>
> Please, by all means, try and help. I've exhausted all the ideas I could
> have to fix the issue without luck so far. I am too looking forward to
> have a build environment so we can all get going with Ocata.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Thomas Goirand (zigo)

I forgot to explain what's *not* working. The patch at #445813 is to fix
installation of Puppet in Stretch. Then later on, running puppet fails,
and then a chown -R jenkins:jenkins crashes, ending the image
preparation, probably because of the puppet run failure earlier.

Anyway, just try to run the script and see by yourself...