[PKG-Openstack-devel] Accepted python-eventlet 0.20.0-1 (source all) into unstable

Daniel Baumann daniel.baumann at progress-linux.org
Mon Nov 13 08:51:42 UTC 2017

On 11/12/17 22:40, Ondrej Novy wrote:
> ALL non OS upstream python packages should be moved to DPMT.

right, that was the consensus, with no ambiguity.

thomas:

  * ondrej just did what was on the todo (see gobby): moving those
    packages (in that case, python-eventlet) from pkg-OS to DPMT. i see
    nothing wrong with that. also the pybuild thing we have discussed
    clearly.

  * do you disagree with having python-eventlet in DPMT?

> You need to communicate FIRST.

while I appreciate the "getting stuff done"-mode thomas is in, this
really needs fixing if this should become a team, hence the emphasis: if
you change *anything* that is deviating from what we decided (and
therefore is noted down in the gobby stuff), *please* write a mail/talk
on irc *first* and give *reasonable* time to answer.

there's much stuff that needs working, certainly a little "waiting"
doesn't hurt working on other parts in the meanwhile.

> Sorry, but I'm really pissed off

understandably, however, can we all go back to "shit happens, let's do
it better next time"?

> So let's do OS yourself and I will migrate
> my deployment to Ubuntu.

(I don't want to sound negative, but.. for me, this all is an attempt of
trying to get stuff going with the official debian packages. if that
doesn't work, we'll do our own - which would be really sad to duplicate
work, but it's easier than to salvage/grow a failed "team").

Regards,
Daniel